Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Principle To Keep

During the darkest days, days where thing such as compassion, respect, morality are just things of the past I will make my priority to stay loyal. If during an apocalypse I am lucky enough to not end up alone, and be with a group I will make sure that I am loyal to that group. If I am the leader I will be loyal to my followers, if I am a follower I will be loyal to my leaders. It is a sense of pride and self-respect that I would gain if I where to not go astray and if the situation presents me with the choice of helping myself or helping someone that I care about and has shown me respect and loyalty, I will not hesitate in helping said person.

3 comments:

  1. Being loyal isn't always the most morally right thing to do, but I respect your opinion. It does give a sense of pride but sometimes you just can't support something you don't believe in. The Nazis were loyal to Hitler, but was it right? Terrorist kill others being loyal to their religion, however is that really the right thing to do? I just feel that someone should not follow something just to be loyal, they should support and follow what they believe in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would you stay loyal even if the group was a group of cannibals or people who would go around doing terrible acts? If the group made you do many unforgivable things, like murder, would you stay loyal? I understand that in some situations you would not have a choice to do these things, but I think that you definitely have a choice whether to stay in a group that was helped you in some way but has made you do many terrible things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can agree with this principle because if you were alone, it would be much harder to survive and other people are valuable resources. And when you said "lucky enough to not end up alone" it shows how you appreciate the other life form. But, the loyalty part should be able to vary. What if you were following the group of people who eat others alive like those from The Road, would you remain loyal to those people or try and save the others, which shows disrespect to those you once trusted?
    Also, I love the web address name.

    ReplyDelete